- Membre du Conseil d’Unité de l’Institut Charles Gerhardt
- Membre et Secrétaire Scientifique du Conseil Scientifique de l’Institut de Chimie du CNRS
- Co-responsable de la Plateforme d’Analyse et Caractérisation du Pôle Chimie Balard
Institut Charles Gerhardt MontpellierLorenzo Stievano
Permanent - chercheur, Equipe D4
ICGM - UMR5253$CC043$Pôle Chimie Balard Recherche19 route de Mende293 Montpellier cedex 5
04 67 14 33 46
After a Master in Industrial Chemistry at the Università Ca’ Foscari in Venezia (Italy), Lorenzo Stievano received his PhD in 1995 from the University of Ferrara with a thesis on the application of Mössbauer spectroscopy with common and less common isotopes to the study of heterogeneous catalysts. After two post-docs at the Institut de Recherches sur la Catalyse et l’Environnement in Villeurbanne (France) and at the Laboratoire de Réactivité de Surface in Paris (France), he was appointed Maître de Conférences at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris. During his work in Paris, he developed with Prof. Jean-François Lambert a completely new research subject on the study of the absorption and the reactivity of biological molecules on the surface of inorganic oxides.
After being appointed Professor at the Université de Montpellier in September 2009, Lorenzo Stievano joined the ICGM and started working in the fields of electrochemical energy storage. He is currently involved in several academic and industrial projects on lithium and post-lithium batteries.
Lorenzo Stievano is an expert in the characterization of functional inorganic materials by spectroscopy and diffraction techniques. He published more than 110 scientific papers in the different fields of inorganic chemistry, heterogeneous catalysis, materials and surface science since 1995.
- Member of the European network ALISTORE-ERI (link: http://www.alistore.eu/ )
- Member of the French network RSE2 (link http://www.energie-rs2e.com/fr )
- Membre et trésorier du GFSM - Groupe Francophone de Spectroscopie Mössbauer (link : http://www.gfsm.fr/ )
- Research collaborations with several research teams in Italy, Sweden, Germany, UK, etc.
- Coordinator of the Master 2 Energie (link: http://www.master-energie.univ-montp2.fr/ )
- Teaching on Mineral and Inorganic Chemistry (L2 and L3), Symmetry and spectroscopy (L3), Electrochemical Energy storage (M2) and Fossil fuels (M1).
Thème de Recherche
- Synthesis, characterisation and application of advanced materials for lithium and post-lithium batteries
- Development and application of analytical methods: X-ray diffraction, Mössbauer, X-ray absorption and optical spectroscopies (Infrared, Raman, UV-vis) etc.
- Operando study of energy materials.