The X-ray and GammNetwork a (RRXG) is a technological platform of the University of Montpellier whose mission is to provide material analyses at the request of researchers from academic or private research.
This platform is backed by the ICGM and is an integral part of the Analysis and Characterization Platform (PAC) of the Chemistry Cluster.
The analytical equipment of the RRXG provides access to the structural identification of solids (single crystals, microcrystalline powders and thin films) by high-resolution X-ray diffraction and the study of their composition by X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy.
For materials containing iron and/or tin, additional physico-chemical information (oxidation state, chemical environment, magnetic properties, etc.) can be obtained using Mössbauer spectroscopy of Fe-57 and/or Sn-119.
- Supervisor: Lorenzo Stievano
- Secretariat/Management: Imane Rahmine
- X-ray diffraction on thin film powder: Bernard Fraisse
- X-Ray diffraction on single crystal:Dominique Granier
- X-ray fluorescence: Julien Fullenwarth
- Mössbauer spectroscopy: Michel Sougrati