Utilisateur non trouvé
I. By the way
- 2015-present: Professor (currently PR1) of Chemistry at the University of Montpellier (CNU31 section)
- 2003-2015: Lecturer at the University of Montpellier 2.
- 2010: Habilitation to Supervise Research (14/10/2010) from Montpellier 2 University.
Title: "Solids and Interfaces: Tools for Modeling and Analysis of Complexity in Condensed Matter"
Jury: Dr. X. Blaze, Pr R. Pole, Pr X. Assfeld, Pr J.-M. Tarascon, Pr C. Iung
- 1998-2001: PhD thesis (discipline: theoretical chemistry-physics) from the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon under the supervision of Philippe Sautet and Daniel Simon
Title: "Reconstructions and Catalytic Reactivity Induced by Constraint: A Quantum Study of Pd Deposits on Ni(110)"
Jury: Pr A. Fuchs, Dr. C. Henry, Pr. C. Minot, Dr. A. Pasturel, Dr. P. Sautet and Pr. B. Bigot.
- 1997-1998: Magisterium of Material Sciences, ENS de Lyon. Mention Good.
- 1996-1997: Aggregation of Physical Sciences option Chemistry.
- 1994-1998: Student Normalien, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon
Teachings & Responsibilities
- 2022-present Deputy Director of the Faculty of Science, University of Montpellier in charge of continuing education
- 2021-present Head of Professional Master Projects (140 M1 students)
- 2021-present Head of General Chemistry 1 of L1 (management of 750 students and 35 teachers)
- 2007-present Member elected to the Unity Council of the Charles Gerhardt Institute (UMR 5253), re-elected 2011, 2015, 2020
- 2018-present Elected member of the Council of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Montpellier
- 2017-present Elected President of Local CNU 31 at the University of Montpellier
- 2021-2022 Head of the License 3 Chemical Science of Matter (45 students)
- 2014-2020 Director of the Department of Chemistry Education of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Montpellier (management of 93 EC/E and BIATSS and 70 contractors; budget 200 k€/year).
- 2016-2022 Regional Delegate of the Chemistry Olympiad
- 2015-2020 Member of the National Jury of Baccalaureate scientific series
- 2011-2018 Member of the jury of Aggregation of Physical Sciences option chemistry
- 2009-2020 Holder of the Scientific Excellence Award (PES) and then the PEDR
- 2007-2017 Member of the specialist commission 31/pool of experts 31 of the University of Montpellier 2
- 2004-2022 Chemistry Jury of the common entrance examination to the Ecole Normale Supérieures
- 2011-2014 Head of Teacher Services for the Department of Chemistry
Ii. Research activities
Electrochemical investigation of electrolytes in battery double layers
This figure shows the Fukui function of a solvated Li+ cation Li(EC)42+. The Fukui function gives within quantum mechanics the localization of the associated molecular Redox center of an electrochemical process.
Ab initio modeling of electrochemical and battery interfaces
My main research theme is on ab initio quantum modeling of electrochemical interfaces with applications mainly in the field of batteries (in particular Li/ion and post Li) and electrocatalysis. This theme is associated with many methodological developments to link and understand electrochemical effects at the interface at the quantum level.
Modeling complex molecular systems
This theme, developed for more than 10 years, initially supported ICGM colleagues in understanding complex phenomena in molecular materials. It led to the development of specific modeling codes (IR/Raman/NMR spectra modeling, ab initio dynamics, extraction of optical properties, etc.). on these organic and hybrid organic/inorganic systems
Research in chemistry didactics
The purpose of this research theme is to quantify the effect of the pedagogical methods that I put in place in teaching, to transfer the experience acquired and to value my pedagogical work. This work is carried out within the framework of the teaching of chemistry and research axis of the ICGM and has given rise to numerous articles published in the Journal of Chemical Education and a teaching book.
Collaborations & Contracts
- Funding Europe VIDICAT project: Versatile Ionomers for DIvalent CAlcium baTter (828902 H2020-FETOPEN-2018-2019-2020-01) from 2019 to 2023 (partner role).Total going to the team including Post Docs salary, overhead and equipment 160 k€
- Funding Europe POROUS4APP project: Innovative Carbonaceous Porous Materials (H2020-NMP-PILOTS-2015) from 2016 to 2020 (partner role). Total going to the team 150 k€ including Post Docs salary and equipment 140 k€.
- ANR-PEPR H2 project 2022-2025 (GREENH3): "Direct (photo)electrochemical conversion of atmospheric N2 to ammonia" coordinator Marc Robert (1.250.000€): scientific co-leader
- Thesis of the club of industrialists of the RS2E Labex STORE-EX project (ANR-10LABX-76-01): "Theoretical study of dendritic thrusts in metal/ion battery anodes" (2019-2022) funding PhD student A. Hagopian (total thesis salary: 120 k€) (project leader)
- "Magnesium Batteries" Calculation hours on national resources. Contract: DARI/CINES/IDRIS A0060910369. (Total equivalent to 60 k€ over 4 years) (project leadership role)
Iii. Scientific production